mar, 01 ago|
2023 Paid Internship NYC Summer Tech Camp
Free 4-week In-Person camp for LGBT+ youth ages 16-22, and allies welcome to enroll. Learn coding and digital art with other youth seeking community and explore careers in tech. Build a video game and app in a safe queer learning environment! Camps are led by other youth.
Time & Location
01 ago, 9:30 GMT-4 – 12 ago, 9:30 GMT-4
New York, 740 Broadway, 2 Astor Pl, New York, NY 10003, USA
About the Event
Workforce PAID Internship
In partnership with HMI
- Want to learn how to build a visual novel video game?
- Want to learn in a safe space with other LGBT+ youth?
- Want to explore game developement, coding & digital art?
- Want to learn alongside other youth by a camp led by youth?
Aug 1 - Aug 12
9:30am - 4:30pm PST (in-person camp)
Cohort Based: Must attend all days of workshop to register
Workshop Level: All Levels
This FREE Summer Tech Camp is focused on providing a safe space for LGBT+ youth ages 14-19.
Maven Youth, is offering a FREE 3-week summer tech camp LGBTQ+ youth across the NYC Area. This camp is led by amazing LGBTQ+ youth who walk participants through all the coding and digital art workshops.
Maven Youth’s summer camps are highly requested, so please make sure to sign up only if you are very interested and can commit to the full program. We have limited space and want to ensure as many youth can have access to our program as possible.
NO CODING EXPERIENCE is needed to apply.
Mavey Youth will provide:
- Breakfast / Lunch / Snacks
- Travel Stipends (subway)
- Laptops and Digital Art Pads
- Training & Fun Activities Led by youth leaders
- Tours of Tech companies like (Google, Pandera, Snapchat)
Requirements for youth interested in this camp are the following:
- 14-19 years old
- LGBT+ Youth or LGBT+ supportive Ally
- No coding experience required
- Open to learning about careers in Tech
- Must attend ALL Camp days (8 hours each day M-F for 2 weeks)
Registration is Limited: Please register ONLY if you are dedicated to attending. Information shared during registration will not be publicized or used for any other purpose. We ask questions of participants to ensure we create a safe training space for LGBT+ youth.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: July 15 11:59pm EST